“Our mission is to shape lifelong enjoyment of athletics through sports education and skill enhancement. We recruit the best instructors to help guide our players and provide them with valuable support. Spring Tennis programs focus on learning the game of tennis, while attending to the individual growth and development of each player. And of course, having fun! "
Our Valued Instructors
Nike Sports Camps instructors are all experienced and trained tennis, soccer and basketball professionals that are chosen not just for their extensive teaching backgrounds, but also because of their energetic and positive personalities. Most of our instructors have played tennis, basketball or soccer competitively and/or have varsity experience. In addition, all Lytton Sports Camp instructors are friendly, patient and excited to teach your child. The best sports experience starts with a great instructor and we promise to provide you with skilled and helpful instructors that will guide your child through their training.
Spring Camp (Lessons)
The Spring Camp will teach a balance of skill development and tennis games, which increase the skill set of each student. This is done in a fun and supportive environment and accommodates all levels of play. A pro to player ratio of 1:6 ensures the hour is challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic, and allows for personalized attention to help improve your game.
2017 Spring Camp Dates
Our Spring tennis lessons are 6 weeks in length, 1 hour each week. Camps run April 29 - June 3 on the following Saturdays:
- April 29
- May 6
- May 13
- May 20
- May 27
- June 3
Spring Timeslot Options
Campers can choose a timeslot option of 9:30am-10:30am, 10:30am-11:30am or 11:30am-12:30pm and must stick with the same timeslot for all 6 weeks.
The Half Day program will focus on tennis with the inclusion of multi-sport activities depending on the age and needs of the student. The Full Day program will have a great review of skills with advanced teaching to those students attending. Fresh instructional games will be introduced to ensure students are always challenged. LSC will be conducting other activities such as scavenger/treasure hunts, award ceremonies, arts and crafts, and other non-sports activities, helping develop creativity and a more fun environment.
Summer Camp Timeslot Options
Campers can choose between Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm), Half Day AM (9:00am-12:00pm) and Half Day PM (1:00pm-4:00pm). Please note: All sessions are 5-days long, except for the weeks noted below that are 4-days long.
2017 Summer Camp Dates
- June 19-23
- June 26-30
- July 4-7 (4-day week, pro-rated)
- July 10-14
- July 17-21
- July 24-28
- July 31-August 4
- August 8-11 (4-day week, pro-rated)
- August 14-18
- August 21-25
Spring and Summer Camp Program Fundamentals
Our programs suit students ages 4-16 of all levels of play and include a balance of skill development and exercise in a fun and supportive environment.
Mini Aces: 4-6 years old
- Hand-eye coordination
- Learning all strokes in the game
- Court awareness
- Court etiquette
- Fun skill games
- Footwork games
- Cooperative games
Junior Aces: 7-10 years old
- Stroke coordination
- Footwork drills
- Shot direction
- Point construction
- Cooperative games
- Fun skill games
Aces: 11-16 years old
- Advanced fitness and footwork drills
- Advanced hitting drills
- Advanced cooperative games
- Stroke correction
- Point construction
- Match play
Spring and Summer Camp Details
- Spring Camp: Check-in at the tennis courts at your specific session start time.
- Summer Camp: Check-in will be at the tennis courts at the following times:
- Full Day Campers at 9:00am
- AM Half Day Campers at 9:00am
- PM Half Day Campers at 1:00pm
- Spring Camp: Check-out will be at the tennis courts at your specific session end time.
- Summer Camp: Check-out will be at the tennis courts at the following times:
- Full Day Campers depart at 4:00pm
- AM Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm
- PM Half Day Campers depart at 4:00pm
Meals (Summer Camp Only)
- Full Day campers bring their own lunch each day and a nut-free snack.
- Half Day campers bring their own nut-free snack.
- You may also pre-order lunches through kidskitchen.ca and hot lunches will be available every day.
- Lunches prepared fresh daily and are NUT FREE-our kitchen and all food items are peanut/tree nut free.
- Easy and secure online ordering and payment
- For more information visit www.kidskitchen.ca, e-mail: email@example.com or call 905-944-0210
- Price: $45 for 5 day camps and $36 for the 4 day camps.
- Daily cool treat provided
Before and After Care (Summer Camp Only)
- Before Care is available from 8:00am - 9:00am daily for $60 for 5-day camps and $50 for 4-day camps.
- After Care is available from 4:00pm - 6:00pm daily for $75 for 5-day camps and $65 for 4-day camps.
- Before & After Care Package is available for $120 for 5-day camps and $110 for 4-day camps.
Checklist of Things to Bring
- Sports Attire (tennis whites not required)
- Water bottle
- Non-marking shoes
Camp will take place at the tennis courts on Havergal College's beautiful 22-acre campus in Toronto.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. Camp photos posted daily on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Camp Code: TNXDLH
Sample Daily Schedule
- Stroke Technique Intro
- Tennis drill games
- Snack/drink break
- Review skill and incorporate into games
- Cardio sport (soccer, Frisbee, etc…)
- Cool treat
- Match play, tennis games or multi-sport activities (depending on age/court)
- Cool-down & Half Day Campers sign-out
- ** Full-day summer camp schedule will have several new games and advanced skills introduced with similar timing of the day’s activities.