HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Generally, personal information we collect is provided by you. In order to optimize your use of our website and provide our services, we may need to collect the following types of personal information from you:
Contact, Registration, Health and Billing Information
You may choose to provide us with information about you or a camper in order to request information, have full use of our website, or enroll in a camp. Some of the personal information includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Camper information, including a name, date of birth, gender and health information;
- Billing information, such as a credit card number and a billing address;
- Prospective employee information such as contact information, education, employment history, volunteer history, personal activities and interests; and
- Other information as required.
We also collect information via cookies, which gather and store data about your website usage trends and patterns. The cookie data we collect includes, but is not limited to, the areas or pages of our website you visit, your account preferences, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you have the ability to view, disable, or delete cookies from your web browser at any time. Please be aware that changing your browser’s cookie or website data settings may limit your ability to use all of the features provided on our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information to allow you to download camp brochures, request information from specific camps, receive e-mail updates containing news or camp schedules, create an account, register and pay for a camp, access areas of our website restricted to registered members, and apply for a staff position. We use your cookie data to monitor and improve our website and to personalize your user experience.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, the information we collect is protected against unauthorized access and is not sold to or shared with third parties. In the following circumstances, however, we may disclose the following:
- Your name and e-mail address to our title sponsor, Nike, Inc., for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Account or other information to a law enforcement agency or other third parties if it is necessary to comply with law;
- Account or other information when we believe disclosure is necessary to limit our legal liability or to protect our rights or property;
- Account or other information to protect the rights or property of third parties or the users of our website;
- Account or other information to service providers engaged by us to execute certain activities including payment processing, mail or e-mail distribution, and other technical and processing functions, such as maintaining data integrity, programming operations, user services, or technology services; and
- Account or other information as part of a merger, sale, or other business transfer.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
SCC employs administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. However, no system of safeguards can provide absolute security.
Our website has security measures in place to protect your information and to maintain data accuracy. The personal information you submit is encrypted using industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption, utilized by most popular browsers.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR CHILD’S PRIVACY
Your child’s privacy is important to us.
Our website is intended for a general audience. The only information about your child that we request from you is that which is necessary to enroll them in one of our camps. We do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or share personal information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
Rights of Parents or Legal Guardians
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13, you have the right to review, have deleted, or otherwise prevent third party disclosure of your child’s information. If your child under the age of 13 may have provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us in any manner described in the “Contact Us” section below.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND WEBSITES
STORAGE AND INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
If you are an international visitor to our website or camps, please be aware that the laws governing data collection and usage may differ from those where you are located. By accessing our website, registering your child to our camps and providing your information, you agree that you are transferring your personal information to Canada, and you consent to that transfer.
SCC keeps personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with our services. Sometimes, we retain information because we have a legal, auditing or account obligation or it is in our archive system and cannot be separated from other information.
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Send a fax to (415) 479-6061, Attn: Privacy Officer;
- Call us at 1-800-NIKE-CAMP; or
- Send a letter to the following mailing address:
Sports Camps Canada
Attn: Privacy Officer
47 Golden West Blvd.
Welland, ON L3B 1H3
About Sports Camps Canada »